Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Holidays and Happy Birthday Jesus!

Happy Week After Christmas!

I believe this is one of my favorite weeks of the year - my husband is home on vacation, family visits are still lingering, leftovers are still being reheated and the Christmas tree is still glowing; all is well as gifts are being enjoyed, meaningful conversations are taking place and quality time is being had with the people I love. It doesn't get much better than this!

I don't have too much to say this week, as I'm coming off my sugary-carb-loaded diet and relaxing after the madness of shopping, sickness, teaching and rehearsing....it's nice to have a quiet morning (I'll admit, it's 12:28 and I'm still in pj's. Don't worry, I'm on my way out for a run), but I will leave you with one thing I've been pondering - this truly is the most special time of year. Remembering the LIFE of Christ, his birthday, and the price He paid just for me (and you). It's the best gift of all - one I've really taken to heart this year. Listening to my family talk as they exchanged their gifts on Christmas morning - most gifts were given with a story attached. I overheard my dad explaining why he gave a certain gift to my mom and my sister explaining the gift she gave to B and I - it made me think that behind every gift is a story. Behind the ultimate gift, Jesus Christ, is the ultimate story - and sadly, so many people choose to refuse it. My belief was made strong this year as I tossed the guilt of throwing myself into the holiday spirit, but kept close the reminder that the tree that sits in my living room is a precious representation of that cross Jesus carried with all of MY sin, so that I may live freely. My name was written on that cross, along with many others, and my heart made clean the day I decided to believe. So this Christmas, my prayer is that you too would be in awe of the price paid, the life given, and the birthday celebrated - it's like none other! One worthy of all the praise, excitement and celebration throughout all the earth! Hope you're enjoying this week of rest as much as I am and hope you never forget the magnitude of this yearly celebration - the birth of our King.

Love and blessings!


No comments: