Thursday, December 9, 2010

1 Yr, Bucket List and Women Who Challenge Me....

So, I'm truly the lamest blogger EVER. My last post was what? July or something like that? Oh well - no more vows to be a better blogger, I'll just take advantage of my "bed rest" (sinus infection + virus = bed rest for the next few days) and update those who read, on my little life.

It's been a busy busy season. Brenton and I just recently celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year - where has the time gone? It's been one of the best years of my life this far, one I'll cherish forever. Brenton took me on a weekend get-away to a lovely condo in Destin. We celebrated at a cute little French restaurant called Bisou at the Wharf. For memory's sake:

I recently checked off two BIG dreams from my bucket list this year - NYC and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade WITH my HUSBAND! I've been dreaming of this since I was a kid. Traditionally, my sister and I put on a pot of coffee, light the fire and snuggle up on the couch as we watch the parade and then later prepare Thanksgiving dinner together. Sadly my sister was not able to accompany me to NYC, but I got to live out the dream alongside my hubby.



It was a fabulous trip. The parade was just bigger than life. And don't get me started on NYC. It was a bit overwhelming to be in such a big city. We went during the busiest time of year, which was why it probably felt so overwhelming, but I have to say it's a city that truly never sleeps, is rich with our nation's history and not lacking in anything creative, expensive or magnificent. Another bucket list thing was seeing Phantom of the Opera on Broadway - utterly amazing. Words won't do it justice....if you've never seen a true broadway show, DO IT. You won't be disappointed! Here are a few of my favorite shots of our trip:













I feel this is getting lengthy, but I can't neglect to share one of the most amazing events I had the honor of attending. My wonderful mother took me to the Birmingham, AL Deeper Still Conference featuring Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer and Beth Moore. I can't even begin to describe how amazing and inspiring these women were. With 14,000 women in attendance and Travis Cottrell (sp?) and praise team leading worship - it was a refreshing weekend, one I desperately needed.
Kay Arthur taught through the entire book of Matthew in 1.5 hrs - incredible. The woman makes me want to lock myself in my house and do nothing but sit with a cup of warm tea and my Bible 24/7. What a wise and anointed gal she is.
And Priscilla, this was my first time hearing of her, but she was no fluffy teacher - she gave it to you straight. She spoke of emptying your quiver completely and walking in faith, trusting that God will take charge. My favorite quote from her was, "Use what you have at your disposal, it will be enough for God to use."
Last but not least, Beth Moore - the woman is on fire. She spoke of learning to recognize the treasure in our lives. If you ever have the opportunity to hear one of these women speak, I highly encourage it. God refreshed my heart and brought me back to life. Sometimes I feel as if I've lost my spiritual pulse, but it's moments like these that He reminds us that He is alive and LIVING INSIDE of us. What an amazing King He is. It's my life goal to be like one of these amazing women - living their lives to the fullest for His glory.

May you remember the true reason for this season and be blessed by all He has given you. Until the next time I have a stolen moment to update, Merry Christmas and Happy 2011!




No comments: