Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall, Fall, Fall!!!!

Oh my goodness, my heart could not be any happier! Cooler weather, pumpkin spice and a wedding around the corner - it's all so much fun! I am absolutely OBSESSED with Fall! I broke out the boots and scarves this morning and it felt so refreshing - it somehow makes this season of my life so much more exciting (just when I thought it couldn't get any more exciting)!






With the cooler weather I'll be sure to be making a batch of my all time favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies this weekend! If you're a pumpkin lover like myself, I HIGLY recommend you try baking them. In fact, I love them so much I'll share my secret little recipe:



1 1/2 C Pumpkin (I recommend the spiced can of pumpkin, not the regular...and add more pumpkin if you like a more cakey cookie, less if you like it firmer - i'm a fan of the cakey kind)
3/4 C Sugar
1/2 C Oil
1 Egg
2 C Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 t Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Milk
1 C Chocolate Chips (I always add extra :)
1 tsp Vanilla
Nuts (optional - I usually do them without, but if you're a nut lover - go for it)

Dissolve baking soda in milk; set aside. In a large bowl add pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg; stir. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda mixture. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Spoon onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Enjoy!

Well, I'm off to run today's wedding errands, but let me know I've sparked a new addiction.

Happy Fall!

&hearts d

2 comments:

Saii said...

we don't have FALL here in Guatemala but I enjoy seeing pictures of it and... knowing how warm it makes you feel!



:)



p.s. I LOVE YOUR MUSIC!

Danya said...

Awe thanks Saii...we don't get too much of a fall season here in FL either - but the humidity lifts and we get a cool breeze every once in a while. It's definitely refreshing! :)