Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall brings out the little Martha Stewart in me....brace yourselves!

Okay so my darling sister went on a hunt for a can of pumpkin and the results were heartbreaking....according to the Publix boy, the pumpkin crops flooded and all of our local gorcers will not have shipments of pumpkin until late next week! Who would have guessed? Just when I'm ready to toss my pre-wedding diet out the window for my favorite pumpkin cookies, my dreams are drowned in a sad story of flooded pumpkin crops. Oh well, life goes on. To make up for the sad dilemma, we made pumpkin spice cappuccinos and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies instead. They weren't pumpkin cookies - but they satisfied the chocolate craving.

Today is the first day I've taken a break from wedding planning since Israel. I slept till 8:45am and realized my heavy body wasn't so happy with all my running around - so I enjoyed a leisurely morning at the gym (as leisurely as the gym can be), had a picnic lunch with the fiance at our favorite waterfront spot in Gulf Breeze, proposed to him (yes, I proposed...hehe, his ring came in this week, so I decided to do my own little proposal in order to ensure we won't have any size issues during the exchanging of vows. And he said yes - for those who were wondering! hehe, he was delighted to see it. :), and then baked cookies and drank coffee with my sister. It's been a wonderful day - a much needed break from the wedding madness. I'm tempted to take a long weekend off from it all - but with 5 weeks and counting, I don't think I can afford it.

With the photographer booked, dress fitted and altered, cake ordered, and flowers planned - my next big project is turning a house into a home. I've always dreamed of having a home of my own to paint, decorate and fill every nook and cranny with a touch of Danya. Living in apartments with sterile walls and several female roommates who seem to have completely different tastes and opinions, I've never had the chance to just run wild with my love for decor and fashion within the home. Now that the opportunity is staring me in the face - I'm not so sure what to do or where to begin. I'm obsessed with bright colors - I love a cozy atmosphere with lots of lush fabrics, an array of textures and lots of soft lighting, yet I like a slight clean and modern look with a splash of antiques and worn pieces. The house we're moving into is bigger than I ever imagined our first place being, so with lots of space, no furniture and little time to paint or decorate before we move in is certainly a challenge. It's an older home, probably built in the 70's but has since then been remodeled and is as cute as can be. I've been doing some research to spark inspiration and here are some of my favorites thus far...







My relaxation has come to an end....I'm off to rehearsal.

Much ♥,
d

4 comments:

Jay & Jenna Vega said...

Glad you took some time for yourself today! That important in keeping your skin glowing for the wedding day! Can you believe it's about a month away!?!!? crazy. So, love your ideas for the house. You musth have got your interior decor from your mom?! You're house has always been gorgeous! So... did you buy a house?? I want to see pictures! Where is it? Pensacola? GB? Its an actual house, not an apartment!?!? Niiice! See... it's all coming together!

Saii said...

great!
:)

Sierra said...

Oh how pretty, I love all of the inspiration you just posted, so beautiful and I hope preparing for your wedding and new home goes very well for you! I'm happy to see that your faith has such a lovely presence on your blog, God bless!

Hannah Hampton said...

ALL those rooms look just like you :) I'm so excited to see you soon and am STOKED for you and Brenton! LOVE YOU!