Saturday, August 8, 2009

Let the count down begin!

So the last thing I EVER expected to happen this weekend, happened! The most wonderful man I've ever met PROPOSED to me today! After 4 years of friendship, and almost 3 of dating - we're finally ENGAGED! I couldn't be more thrilled! We're hoping to be married by the end of the year. I'm so looking forward to this next season of life!

I'm in love with the ring - he did such a great job of picking out the most beautiful ring! It's absolutely prefect! Not too big, not too small, delicate and elegant - and oh so sparkly! =) Ahh, what a great feeling it is to know that I've met the one and I have the privilege of spending the rest of my life with such a wonderful man!







The proposal (in a nut shell): He called this afternoon after I was done with an appointment and kept asking if I wanted to go on a bike ride or for a picnic....not really feeling it, I said no and suggested we take a drive to Destin to get away for a few hours. The drive was nice, filled with conversation of dreams and plans we hoped to some day accomplish. After a little exploring, we made our way to PF Changs - a Danya favorite. Enjoyed a fantastic dinner and after a few stops, began to make our way back home. As we were heading home, he suggested we take the beach route back and catch the sunset before making our way back. Who can argue that? So we start looking for a place to park and as we do, I notice he keeps nervously looking back at the sinking sun. He grabs my hand as we're leaving the car and I retreat, asking, "why are your hands wet?" "Must be the humidity," he replied. Thinking nothing more of it, we walk down to the water - totally alone, not a person near. He pulls me in to give me a hug and I notice his heart pounding - I thought it was strange but just assumed he was REALLY excited about seeing the sunset! Haha! He starts a conversation off by saying something about how great of a girlfriend I've been and how he's failed me at times, but he's learning and is looking forward to more days with me and before I know it, he's on one knee - the moment was surreal! I kept thinking, this has to be a joke, he can't be serious - I've only dreamed of this day, I never thought it would REALLY HAPPEN!! He pulls out the most BEAUTIFUL ring and offers it to me - who can't say yes?! :) After lots of hugging, squealing and jumping (and fighting back tears) - we rushed home to share the news with family and friends!

What a sweet night. One I'll never forget. I have to say, I'm the luckiest girl alive tonight. I'm so excited about our future and cannot wait to begin our new life together! Wedding planning will be in full swing and the race is on to pull it together before the end of the year. What a wonderful weekend!

Lots of love,

d

5 comments:

Jay & Jenna Vega said...

I cant believe it, Girl! Hahaha.... all of the talking and dreaming... IT FINALLY CAME!! You seem so happy... and I hope that this new season of life will seal your confidence in what's to come! May you be at peace... in love... and ENJOY EVERY SINGLE SECOND of your engagement! Don't let the stress of a wedding take away from the man standing in front of you and the journey you are about to start together! Remember, it's one day out of many that you will have together... Do what makes YOU guys happy on your wedding day and trust me... IT FLIES BY! When is the date? You know I would LOVE to be there, but we'll have to see! What are the plans for after the Big Day?? I must call you soon...

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Girl, Sorry that last comment was me, but I realized that paul had logged into his account and left it on. Anyway, congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you, and good job brenton! haha. I hope you have so much fun these next couple months. love ya girl! call if you need anything :)

Jessi said...

Congrads!! Enjoy it it goes by so fast! Your ring is beautiful!!

Katlyn said...

soSOOOO excited for you girl!!! :]
congratulations! i love your ring!