Thursday, August 27, 2009

72 Days & Counting...

Just a short 72 days till I become Mrs. Collyer! I truly can't believe it! I've made quite some headway since I last posted. I've found my dress and went for my alterations fitting this week - the bustle is going to be GORGEOUS! I'm so excited about it! The seamstress took 2 hours to design it, but she was good! I won't say anymore than that, I want the rest of it to be a surprise to all who see! :)

I've finally agreed on a bridesmaid dress as well - this has probably been the most stressful part of my decision making thus far. I have 7 bridesmaids and just about EVERY body type you could imagine, not to mention most of them are girls on a budget - so finding a color that's not too bold, a style that's flattering on all and a price that fits every budget has been so challenging! So I've arrived at an elegant, long, black & cream dress. It changes my theme a little, it's a bit more vintage-glam than it is shabby-chic, but that's okay - I'm learning that flexibility is key to enjoying a short engagement.

Here are a few pics I've been using for inspiration. Enjoy!



No comments: