Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Beginnings...




We did it! We finally tied the knot! :) All my worrying, planning, fretting and praying paid off - it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined it. God truly blessed our day. Everything from the music to the flowers, the decor to the food was incredible - my bridesmaids (if I may say so myself) were breathtaking. Miss Gay and her daughter, Kayla, (a family friend and amazing hairdresser) did a stunning job on hair. My florist, Shannon at Fiore, made incredible arrangements (my bouquet was out of this world)! And my precious groom was as handsome as he's ever been! Oh! And the weather was perfect (Hurricane Ida held back her fury for 24 hrs) - our day was a dream come true.

I sat in my living room a few days ago and took a look around me and thought, "Wow! I am just so stinking blessed. I don't deserve any of this." I can't help but fight back tears when I think of all that's taken place in my life over the past 3 months; God has truly poured His blessings over even the slightest of details. My relationship with God has taken on a whole new meaning now that I've experienced being a bride - words can't accurately describe that moment of walking down the aisle arm in arm with my sweet daddy, gazing past all the people as my eyes met the eyes of one who loves me enough to sacrifice his life to be with me forever. What an overwhelming experience - all my dad remembers me saying to him was, "Where's my Brenton? I can't see him." I don't remember much of what I said, but my dad was thrilled to be giving me away to a man I was anxious to set my eyes on. As I reminisce that moment, I can't help but feel like I've finally grasped the analogy of being the bride of Christ. What a sweet thing for Him to call us - I can't imagine a love deeper than what Brenton and I share, but it's there waiting for us every morning. How intimate, I can't get over it!

My sweet husband (I love calling him that!:) just showered me with surprises (I planned the wedding, he planned everything beyond that) - he had a beautiful get away car all ready for our departure complete with an adorable "Just Married" sign and the car stereo blaring Michael Buble. He arranged for us to stay at The Lee House (a bed and breakfast I've always wanted to stay at. If you only knew my obsession with the woman who owns it, she's my local hero) - it was even better than my highest expectations. And to top it all, he had planned the perfect honeymoon. We went to Cancun, Mexico and stayed at an all-inclusive, couples resort. It was just so amazing to get away and relax in such a beautiful place with my best friend by my side!

I'm anxious to see the official pictures from our photographer, but several friends have posted pictures from the day, so I'll share those for now. Thanks so much for all of the prayers, congratulations and beautiful gifts everyone sent - we were blessed beyond anything we could have imagined and we were so happy to share such a beautiful day with all those who could make it to the wedding! Enjoy the pics!

Much love and blessings,

Mrs. Collyer :)


EDIT :: // - So I totally had these in order and sadly I just realized that blogger messed up my order. Sorry for the scattered-ness.































5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wedding was incredible Danya & Brenton! I we are so happy for you two... We can't wait to see how God blesses your socks off in the coming years

-Chad & Sara

Abbi said...

omg...congrats!! you were sooo beautiful!! love your dress!!!
congrats again!!!

Jessi said...

Congrads!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress!!

AmberDenae said...

Your wedding was perfect. A dream. So glad I was able to attend. You were a stunning bride and the ceremony was so pure and precious. I definitely cried. Love all of these pictures. You two are insanely adorable and I am so happy for both of you!!! :) You're beautiful, Danya!

Danya said...

Thanks so much for the Congratulations! :) We're so happy - God's just blessed us immensely!