Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Gust of Blessings and A Breath of Inspiration....

So it will take me more than just one post to debrief you on the amazing things this past weekend held...words cannot begin to describe the outcome of the Wonderfully Made Conference and my time here in Santa Barbara, CA.

First of all - uh, how do I leave this place?! It's insanely BEAUTIFUL and the people here are so generous and kind - very warm and welcoming. I have yet to meet a stranger in this treasured place. California truly is the land of beautiful things - beautiful beaches, beautiful real estate and beautiful people (from the inside out).

The Conference - nothing short of amazing! It was a complete whirlwind upon arrival....
Thursday: flew into LA and drove to Santa Barbara. Headed to Ventura to pick up donations for the giveaways. Met my host family (amazing! the room they had set up for me had a little gift of chocolates and note pads marked with a "d" on my pillow and orchids and water bottles on my night stand...sweetest people ever!) Had dinner and crashed for the evening (loooong day).

Friday: We got an early start, making last minute preparations for the big day. We ran errands all over town and then headed up to meet with Meghan Incorvaia (the other WM worship leader i was playing with). Left to set up at the church and then had a rehearsal with Meghan that surprisingly went really well for our first time playing together. :) (God's so good!)

Saturday: The Big Day! Arrived at the church around 9:15am and was going non-stop....set up, sound check, run through, lyric input, etc....it was hectic! Girls began to trickle in early and excitement was brewing - the conference began with worship and media and an intro from Allie Marie Smith (founder of WM). From the beginning to end - walls were crumbling, hearts were softening and lives were changing (mine included). Jennifer Strickland (our keynote speaker) had an honesty and passion about her that made her story relatable and thought provoking. Girls were broken, hearts were healed and spiritual lives were challenged all in one day - it was so neat to be part of something so much bigger than myself. :) I am so humbled God chose me to be part of the whole experience.

I'm off to my last event before packing up - more to come soon!

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement! Lots of love, d

1 comment:

AmberDenae said...

So great to hear that it has gone so amazing thus far! I am glad that you got to play a part in all of it and I'm sure you encouraged and inspired every young woman there. Can't wait to read about more! :)