Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Change sweet change...

It's 1:42 am and I'm absolutely insane for even attempting to explain all the recent events at this hour, considering I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. But as tired as my body is, my mind won't let me sleep - I might as well make good use of this sleepless night.

If you've been following my blog, you've probably guessed by now that I've been a little desperate for change. It's amazing how restless my heart had grown, if only I had known change was just around the corner. Let me back up a bit - About two weeks ago on a Sunday evening I laid it all before Him. I gave Him my hopes and my dreams, my frustrations with where my life is currently headed and confessed every nasty thought and/or action that had followed as a result of all my frustration - brutally honest to a God I was convinced was listening to everyone BUT me. I made a deal with Him (you know - throwing out the fleece, testing to see if He's really there. Of course I know He is, it's those human limitations that blind me from time to time. I need to be reminded every once in a while.) - if He opened a door, I would follow no matter how crazy it looked as long as I had peace and plenty of confirmation it was of Him. Exhausted after all my venting, I put aside my journal, hit the lights and fell asleep just as I would have any other night.

Monday morning arrived faster than I would have liked it to. My day began to unfold just as any Monday does, but this time it was filled with several thought provoking conversations. The first was with my cousin Jenny, who's currently living in the DC area. "How are you REALLY doing," she asked. "I'm restless if you REALLY want to know." And thus it began - a couple minutes into the conversation she boldly stated, "I think you should move to Nashville, TN. Go and pursue your music. Give your relationship some space to figure things out." Absurd - I'm not just picking everything up and moving to TN for no reason. I went on with my day. That afternoon I spoke with my old roommate who's currently living in Franklin, TN (just south of Nashville). We joked and laughed about old times and then agreed we needed to plan a trip to see each other and catch up. The memories made me miss her, hearing of her latest adventures made me slightly jealous (in a good way of course) - "Lord, I want adventure too," I reminded Him. That evening just before a practice, I sat down at my computer to check my email and what not and received a message from my friend Cait (who's currently living in Franklin, TN). "Come and visit," she said. "Better yet, move in with me! My roommate left and I need someone to fill the room by January. Think about it, pray about it, get back to me." Stunned I sat in silence. "Lord, is that You? Are you really speaking to me? Surely you're not answering my desperate request this quickly," I thought. Putting the offer aside, I went on with my night. By the time practice was over, all I could think about was that empty room in Franklin, TN calling my name. I went home and threw the idea out to my family and much to my surprise, they were very encouraging! (Definitely NOT the response I was expecting.) We agreed to pray about it for a few days and see how we felt. The last big hurdle was the boyfriend. I ran the whole thing by him and - shocker - he was encouraging as well!

A few days and lots of thought and prayer later I found myself sitting in the conference room with my two overseers, explaining that I'm moving to Franklin, TN! Crazy, I know! But I can't seem to deny that it's somehow got God's fingerprints all over it. Financially so many things have worked out that I never thought would work out, everyone I've told about it has been so very encouraging and supportive, and above all I have amazing peace about it. It's so amazing, I'm still shocked God answered my prayers immediately!

So here I am, just a few weeks from picking up my life and moving it to a totally different state. I'm certainly a little anxious, nervous, sad - but all that is mixed in with excitement and a sense of adventure! I'm going to miss my Brenton dearly, but through this I have already seen God change his heart and mold him more into the man I've been praying he becomes. God is so good. I'm going with no expectations, no job, no future (which, normally that would totally freak me out) but somehow in the midst of that I have incredible peace and faith that He will provide. So that's the big news for me at the moment. I should probably get a few hours of sleep now, but I'll be posting again to keep you updated.

All I can say is be honest with Him. Share your heart as David did - be a man/woman after His heart, passionate and determined - unstoppable for His Kingdom! :) Thanks so much for all the support and prayers! I am so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!

Blessings,
d

5 comments:

AmberDenae said...

Wow, Danya! Sounds like God has really mapped things out for you with this whole move! I know that you will be rewarded for your obedience. You're much braver than I am for sure. I am so opposed to major change, although it seems as though I'm forced into it often. Maybe if it were change that I worked toward or prayed for it would be different but too often it's just forced upon me. God always helps me adapt though. I wish I had the mentality that you have.

I'm very excited for you and I can tell by your writing that you have a peace about it all. I also think it's amazing that everyone is being so supportive of you in this decision! I'm sure that contributes much to your peace as well!

I look forward to hearing of your adventures and seeing your hopes and dreams become reality! I'm sure that God must have some really big doors opening for you there and I can't wait to hear about it all! One thing, you must promise to write all about it as I am eager to hear! :)

Praying for you and excited for you!!

Love you!
-Amber

Danya said...

Amber,
Thanks soooo very much for the encouragement, support and the much needed prayers! I will most definitely be blogging more often - I have several people here that have asked me to keep them up to date, so I'll have lots of accountability! :) We MUST meet before I move. Once Christmas is over, I'll have a handful of free days - we'll nail something down soon. I love you girl! -d

the fam said...

Hi Danya! We don't know each other, but I just found your blog as I was redoing ours and once I started reading, I couldn't stop. I won't give too much personal info here, but I live in Middle Tennessee with my husband & baby girl, and we love the Lord Jesus. I am so incredibly excited for you after reading your most recent post. It is always exciting and encouraging to hear about someone living their life in total surrender to Him. It can be a bit scary at first, living that way, but I've found it is the only way to live. Nashville is a great city, especially if you are wanting to further your music career. I will be praying for you in the coming weeks, that your move goes smoothly and you feel at home here in 'NashVegas'. ; )
If you'd like to know more about us, please check out our blog at szalayfamily07.blogspot.com.

Abbi said...

that is so awesome! things didn't happen like that to be a bad monday, it happened for a reason a reason ONLY God new! He's ALL knowing and powerful and he'll provide! it awesome how you've allowed the Holy spirit to work through you and listened and obey! it's easy to listen but hard to obey! he's really working in you and through you! i really enjoyed your blog and your right we ALWAYS need to go to the Lord with everything! to cry out to him to guide us and lead us! you did that and sometimes it's a crazy responce sometimes we don't get one right away but our job is to give it to him, and when you did and you totally gave it ALL to him you recieved your answer!
i'll be praying for you and the move!

AmberDenae said...

Danya, sweet danya! Time for an update!!

Aren't you so glad you have me to keep you accountable for blogging?? ;)

Miss ya! Hope you're having an amazing time in TN! I'm gonna call you soon!!

Much love!

xoxo