Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Messy Life...

You know those mornings where you just don't want to move? The ones that keep you in bed and pj's all day? I'm having one.

It's been a long couple of weeks. We're renovating a bathroom, putting together a guest room, I started a 2nd job, and everything in my life seems scattered. I feel like my mind and my heart have been strewn about the front lawn for all who drive by to see the mess of who I really am. I've never been good at hiding things (just ask my mom).

This season of newlywedness has been so sweet - but so challenging all at once. In Bible days, I think you got like 6 months to a year together of honeymooning before getting back to the real world (or something like that) - I could totally go for that about now. I feel like I never get to see my husband - my days are long and lonely cause our schedules just don't line up. I've never been one who agrees with the normal American schedule - work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep. Everything inside of me fights against the schedule I now have to maintain. Why can't I just create a pretty little art room in my home and hide in it all day? Creating beautiful things that people would adore and appreciate? That's all I truly want to do--that and sit at the piano and hum happy tunes my heart can dance to. In a perfect world....

All that to say - I'm ready for spring. Ready for a change - in need of a light and airy season to make my heart smile again. Who's with me??


d

No comments: