Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Current Events

So I spent the day with an old friend yesterday, it was so neat to finally see her again. She was actually my roommate from Ft. Lauderdale and it's so funny that we live only a few streets away from each other now and haven't been able to spend time together until now.

We had lunch at a cute little cafe in downtown Franklin and then drove into the city and got ice cream at this adorable little home made ice cream shop in Nashville and just walked around enjoying the day. It's always good to catch up with someone you've shared so many memories with. I love that!

Here are a few photos from our walk in the city:






I've still had no luck with the job search. :( I've been praying about it so much, I feel the Lord just saying sit still and wait. I've registered with a few nanny agencies and I've put my resume out there several times and I've told everyone I've come into contact with that I'm looking, so I'm just going to sit back and wait for a little while and see if something opens up. As hard as it is to watch the days go by and the bank account dwindle, I've got complete peace that if He wants me here for an extended period of time, He's going to provide for me. In the mean time, I've set up my own little shop called dh refined on etsy.com (One of the most fabulous websites I've yet to come across, everything is handmade and it's so inspiring to search through the pages and pages of handmade goods. I could spend hours on that website, it's a scary thing!) and I'm selling a few things I've made. Check it out if you get a chance and pass the word along to your friends who may be interested. :) www.dhrefined.etsy.com

Here are a few photos of the things I've made:







I'm so very excited to say that the boyfriend is coming to visit this weekend (tomorrow actually)!!! I haven't seen him in 3 weeks and ah it's been so tough. His visit will be short and sweet, but I don't care, I'll take all the time I can get with the boy! It's been a more difficult transition for us than I had imagined. I haven't shared much of our story, but for a little background - we started dating long distance. He told me the night before I moved away for school in Ft Lauderdale (August of 06), that he liked me and he couldn't let me leave without knowing it (it had to be one of the most confusing nights of my life!). Needless to say, we talked on the phone almost every day until April of 07 and then finally decided to put a title on our relationship. We've been dating ever since, and I didn't move back home until October of 07, so we thought we were prepared for the distance thing again when I made the decision to move to TN but it's been a lot harder than we both had expected. I'm not sure how much longer we can endure the distance, but while it's tough, it has been so good for us. God has truly shown me where my heart is and He's showing me more and more each day that I can't live without him. I'm not sure what that means for my time here in TN, but until God makes that more clear, I'm just soaking up the time I have to truly focus on writing and spending time at His feet. :)

Well, I better get going, but I hope you're all doing well! Let me know what you think of the etsy stuff if you get a chance to look at it! :)

Lots of love and many many blessings,

d

4 comments:

Abbi said...

looks like yall had a good time!
sorry about the job....God will guide you in the right direction!

hope you have a good time with your boyfriend this weekend!

Danya said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement Abbi! :)

AmberDenae said...

I just wanted to tell you that I am so happy that you're moving back! (I saw that the cat was out of the bag on facebook) :) I am looking forward to some Danya/Amber time SOON! Lots of love!!

Sarah said...

Love the paper goods!♥