Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blog Fever...

It seems like every once in a while, I'll get a random itch to write a blog, and yup...you guessed it - this is one of those random moments. So hooray for you (if you care), you get to read up on what's been going on in my little ole life.

Common knowledge to those around me : I just returned from vacation in California....it was wonderful! I made lots of new friends, slept in (this is such a luxury these days), relaxed by a beautiful pool, hiked up a really cool trail, ate lots of yummy food, burned a hole in my pocket at two beautiful malls, caught up with God, and spent some much needed time with the b/f and with family (by family, I mean Neil, Cece, and little one on the way). It was such a blessing to have an opportunity to get away...it felt like I could finally breathe again (figuratively and literally).

I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but I always feel a weight lifted off me when I'm away from my usual surroundings. I'm easily inspired and somewhat refreshed by foreign environments. Maybe it's my constant craving for adventure that makes me this way, but after returning from somewhere different, I have all these fresh ideas and goals. I guess I share all that to say (by sharing this with you, I'm hoping that YOU [yeah, I just brought YOU into this] will hold me accountable to seeing these things through) while I was away, I dreamed up a few ideas, set a few goals and have, as of this moment, officially set into motion a plan to see these things become a reality.

Goal #1 - Be more knowledgeable of the Bible and set aside more time for in-depth study
Goal #2 - Record my first full-length album (and have it released by January 2009)
Goal #3 - Do something with my design ideas (Designs x Danya)
Goal #3 - Be free from monotonous routines
Goal #4 - TRAVEL! (I have a list of grounds I want to set foot on before these feet stop walking)

I say this honestly : PLEASE please PLEASE feel free to 1: support me in prayer; 2: keep me accountable to seeing these things through before the end of the year. I have so much burning inside of me, yet, I feel I can't do anything about it because of lack of time, resources, and/or energy. 21 is a ripe age for making these things reality before I have too much responsibility, right?

Well, I think I've successfully gotten my point across (not to mention it's 10:32pm and I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow morning), so I believe it's time for me to wrap it up. I plan to be updating soon!

Much love and blessings,
dh

Pics from the trip - Enjoy!










1 comment:

AmberDenae said...

Yay, you've updated! You can count on me to frequently read ;) Blogger is the ONLY website I can get on at work besides State Farm sites and news sites. So, when the office is slow, I resort to blogger and do what I love to do, read and write. =) I love all of your pictures. It looks like you guys had a blast in California! Getaways are always so refreshing.

I can so relate to what you've said about reaching goals and making your dreams become reality. I, like you have many, many dreams and goals I wish to achieve and pursue. However, life has a seemingly interesting way of deterring you by eating up your time and energy. I am in a place where I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I need to make pursuing Jesus my #1 priority again- it seems that the course of life has kind of let this one fall between the cracks, which is so not cool.

I am looking forward to hearing about how God turns your dreams and heart's desires into reality as you pursue His will for your life. You have a beautiful heart and you shine from the inside out. I know that your efforts will be blessed and many people will be touched through your music, voice, designs and sweet personality.

Keep it up Danya and keep updating! :) Have a wonderful week!

P.S. Sorry I didn't answer over facebook last night. I wasn't on my computer at the time and I had just left the site up. =/